No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Honey mustard corn salad!

I can't eat gluten or potatoes, there go half the sides of summer!  I don't like coleslaw and can't eat much lettuce, so there go the rest.  I went to Thanksgiving at someone's house this year and ate the jello salad (and no, it didn't even have carrots in it!) and that was it.  I love potato and pasta salad, I can usually eat the main course (except turkey!) but it is a little awkward and sad not having anything to go with it.  I especially love my honey mustard dressing recipe and only wish there was something I could put it on; I used to make pasta salad with it but those days are long gone (rice noodles do unspeakable things to pasta salad!).  What about corn, I eat corn, is there such a thing as a corn salad?  Who knew!  Apparently there is, though most of the recipes call for grilling your corn cobs before indulging yourself in this uncommon salad, it is currently the middle of the winter and I have a potluck tomorrow: bag of frozen kernel corn, let's see what happens!

Combine in large bowl or ice cream bucket:

1 16oz bag frozen corn, thawed
2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
10 hardboiled eggs diced
1 yellow onion (small) diced
8 oz carrots diced
(feel free to add your own veggies, meat, cheese, nuts, whatever!)

In a small bowl combine:

1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup mustard
1/2 cup whipped salad dressing
season to taste with salt, pepper, celery seed, garlic, parsley (or whatever you like)

Thoroughly mix dressing with salad and chill for 2-3 hours (or overnight) before serving.  You could also use the dressing for a potato or pasta salad or put it in a bottle for sandwiches, etc!  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment