No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

On soup

It is August, but alas, I have done the unthinkable, yes I have made soup.  I usually reserve my soup days for fall and winter, but it has been feeling more like November of late than the steamy, hot last days of summer so soup was called for.  My problem with soup is that I never make the same soup twice, I have never actually followed a recipe; I simply throw together the little odds and ends I have lying around and need to use up and the results are usually good.  There's nothing better than a good, hearty soup on a cold, miserable day, but it is a little depressing when such a day happens at the tail end of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment