No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Exploding Egg Salad

So we had to get a new stove and I'm still learning this one's quirks, one of which is that it doesn't heat as quickly as my last stove, meaning I need to adjust my mental timing when planning meals/cooking things to make sure they are done on time.  Or that my food is fully cooked before serving…

Eggs were on sale this week so I thought I'd whip up a batch of egg salad:

4 eggs
Mayo, mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, simple!

Except my eggs were only partially cooked (think soft, squishy tomato consistency).  I peeled one but threw away half of it as it stuck to the shell.  Instead of reboiling the other three, I thought I'd speed things up and use the microwave, and yes I know things like eggs and potatoes tend to explode therein if not treated carefully.  So I cracked the shell on Egg 1, threw it in and took it out the second it split in half and scooped out the cooked innards with a spoon, much easier than peeling!

Enter Egg 2, same treatment, except this one blew up quite spectacularly.  It was a mess but I haven't had this much fun in the kitchen in ages!

Clean microwave and crack Egg 3 completely in half, perfect.

So there you have it, a new holiday tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment