No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Dutch oven garlic cheese pull apart bread!

I've tried a dozen different recipes and techniques to produce a soft/crusty savory garlic cheese pull apart bread but most have come away rather blasé and not worth repeating and I nearly gave it up as impossible, but the advent of a dutch oven in my life and my success with other yeasty breads therein has given me fresh hope.  I found this recipe and it's a keeper!  I used a basic white recipe (1.5#) from the bread machine instead of purchased dough.  I baked it in the oven and found it needed a much longer cooking time than that recommended (375 for 30-45 minutes) and taking the lid off for the last 5-10 minutes makes it nice and golden brown on top too, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment