No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Wood cleaning magic!

I'm not usually a garage sale fanatic but today I happened upon a set of four solid wood folding chairs, well made and solid pieces but the wood was dusty, dirty, ugly and dry and when you tried to fold or unfold them they were a good exercise in arm strength.  My husband sort of looked at me like I had wasted $20 on the lot, but we desperately need extra seating for all the people he invites over for dinner all the time so I took a gamble.  Not having any commercial stuff to clean, lubricate, or restore wood I resorted to google and came across this article. 3/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup vinegar?  I had that, why not?  The chairs couldn't get any uglier!  I did add a few drops of lemon juice just for a nice smell and went to work.  Wow!  The chairs are clean and happy and actually sort of pretty (in a folding chair sort of way) and actually open and shut without fuss or noise or trouble.  Just like magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment