No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Birthday Custard Pie?!

Gluten free baking is quite an exciting animal in its own right, but then throw in a recipe transcription error and it really gets interesting!  I made this cake the other day, I halved the recipe and substituted my own flour blend (1/2 cup each tapioca and corn starch, 1/4 cup millet) and it made wonderful cupcakes!  Then my little son decided he wanted a yellow cake for his birthday, and I thought I had my recipe.  I ended up with a gluten free impossible custard pie!  It actually was quite tasty but it wasn't a birthday cake.  I had transcribed the recipe wrong, leaving the sugar at 2 cups but halving everything else, oops!  I tried again and it was delicious and now we have a memory to laugh at for every birthday here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment