No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

Tastes great but yeah...

 So I really wanted ice cream and cake for my birthday, but since dairy and wheat are no-nos I had to get creative.  The cake part was fairly simple at this point in my gluten-free career but I haven't perfected the dairy-free ice cream yet, especially vanilla, fruit and chocolate I can attempt, but what do you use for a vanilla base?  I found a recipe using cashews and oats, and I tossed out the cashews and added extra oats to make something that almost was ice cream, except it was a little slimy.  Then liquid coffee creamer was on sale and I found a recipe that used straight coffee creamer so why not try that.  One commenter remarked that it gave their family rather drastic gastric upset but I thought it might be okay.  Well it tasted great, but yeah...not a recipe for the delicately stomached!

No comments:

Post a Comment