No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Monday, March 21, 2022

Jane Austen goes gluten and dairy free?

 Since my husband is currently gone for a couple weeks and PBS is premiering the second season of Sanditon, I thought I'd throw a 'Jane Austen' style celebration in anticipation, and since it was only me and the kids, two of us having wheat sensitivities and the other willing to eat anything that isn't broccoli, I had to come up with something tasty and pseudo-authentic that still met our dietary requirements and didn't take a ton of work as we are crazy busy right now and a player short.  Happily I had a few frozen sausage rolls (definitely English, not sure on the timeline though) and cream puffs are easy to make (gluten free or not!) and I had chicken in the fridge to make a honey mustard chicken salad with apples to go inside.  That left only a dessert, and I was thinking petit fours (which are probably French or something but they are pretty and associated with tea so why not?) so we whipped up a batch of brownies, drizzled melted chocolate over the top, and then added a little colored frosting as garnish, voila!

The food was really good, the show that inspired it, not so much, but you can find the recipes for gluten/dairy free cream puffs and croissant dough and brownies in my new e-cookbook and my review of the new season over at my book blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment