No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Update on the 'zipetty chrome thing' aka the ninja foodi

 So I absolutely love my new kitchen assistant.  I wrote previously that I didn't like it for rice or pasta, the caveat being cooking either with some sort of meat or veggie at the same time.  I do like it for a noodle casserole, it cooks the pasta fairly quickly but you have to watch it closely to make sure you don't have too much or too little water and adjust accordingly.  The pressure cooker is also fun, I can make applesauce from little scrubby apples that aren't worth peeling, I can just core them and toss them in then run the resulting mush through the blender and have nice smooth applesauce without the work and with the most nutritious part of the apple intact.  I love it for homemade French fries (the air fryer) and pressure cooking a whole chicken and then browning it under the air fryer makes it very rotisserie like at home!  I don't need to bread chicken any longer, you can make juicy inside, crispy outside chicken tenders with the steam and crisp function.  You can do bone broth in an hour with the pressure cooker instead of overnight. It also does great things to baby carrots (and undoubtedly other strange and exotic veggies we don't eat!).  I also love it for croutons, much less tedious than doing it in the oven.  Overall, whatever  your dietary needs/preferences or your kitchen skills, this thing has something for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment