No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Banff, Quail, and Licorice

 Yes, it has been a hectic and interesting period since my last post.  I thought my first post would be about our trip to Banff (splendid!) or our new obsession with raising domestic quail (adorable and tasty) but I guess it is going to be about licorice.  Yes, that wheat containing sugar product you can't make at home and have it gluten free (sorry, it is just taffy kids!).  That thing I can now sit here and eat.  Yes, my mysterious malady has gone the way of all flesh, happily without me.  Toddle on over to 'a companion to owls' for the full story.  It was a miracle plain and simple.  15 years of pain, lethargy, dietary Russian roulette, and social stigma and isolation gone just like that.  And while I did get a nice cookbook out of it, I must say, real wheat bread is still way better than anything I could make or buy, though that pizza crust on the Walmart pizza we bought to celebrate wasn't all that great!  I'll get around to the other topics eventually, thanks for the chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment