No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Getting older and hopefully wiser

Maybe next year (and the next say 20 years) we will host Christmas?  Last year was not so bad, we had to drive 6 hours max with a sleepy 8 month old.  This year we drove 8 hours with an angry toddler and could barely fit all of us and the inevitable stuff in our car on the way home, that and the drive home was an adventure as the weather was quite uncooperative, but thankfully we all made it home safe and I am tempted never again to leave it, at least until well into spring!  I do not think there are blizzards in June in these here parts!  Christmas in July isn't such a bad idea…  The winters are milder here than what I am used to but the weather gets very hairy when it decides to have a bad hair day and staying home is a good idea, if possible.  In my young stupid days I would probably not worry too much about driving through the night or facing terrible roads but I am now old and have other lives to consider.  I am getting old!  Next I'll be telling stories about walking to school in said weather and how we did not even have Facebook…yeah, I'm that old!

No comments:

Post a Comment