No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Mutation

Greetings all and sundry,

If you are reading this, either you are lost or completely bored, but if you must know, yes this is a blog written by a super-mom.  After all, my 1.5 year old eats from the four major food groups every day (crackers, cheerios, milk, cheese) and my house is a show piece of modern art (multicolored toys strewn  about varicolored carpet is all the rage, somewhere).  Why am I not content to write about life, literature, etc. on my more mature (cough), er...excuse me, older blog?  Why must I pollute the blogosphere with another mommy blog?  Excellent question, but not difficult if you ponder that I am now at home, alone, eight to ten hours a day with someone who does not speak any known language and has a three second attention span with an inborn talent for making messes and shrieking very loudly.  Mommies blog for the sake of their sanity, it is an outlet for what little remains of their creative juices and a hopeful attempt to connect with understanding others, that they might seek solace in knowing they are not alone in their strange domestic craziness.

If you are familiar with my rather obscure writing blog you may know of late my life has turned upon its head.  I was once a professional working full time, possessing a doctorate in a medical field, and have only recently mutated into a professional mother.  I lost my job, my husband found one (eight hours from our then home and quite literally in the middle of nowhere), and within two months life shifted drastically.  I am now at home with our 1.5 year old son while my husband works.  My diplomas hang on the wall and I hope my working knowledge is still stored somewhere in my brain, perhaps behind the grocery list and the diaper inventory?  I am still using some of my old skills, mostly in diagnosing colds and other minor illnesses, but today I got to fix a broken leg and an ear laceration (the small one got into the nativity set and we needed the emergency super glue).

We have moved, unpacked, decorated for the holidays, I have done laundry and cooked, it even snowed and I got to shovel during nap time.  That accomplished, it is time to blog (please refer to sanity reference).  That being said, I am not a super mom, perhaps a crazy mom, but not super.  This blog I fear will degenerate, as my story blog has, into a random commentary on life, the universe, and motherhood, but that is better than me degenerating into a crazed sock organizer.  So I will admit it from the first: my kid eats strange things, my house is not picked up, all my socks are the same color to save time with laundry, and I occasionally cook out of a box or can.  But that is real life, and that is what this blog will hopefully be about.

Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment