No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Monday, September 15, 2014

Master Figgins

I believe the sweet sourdough experiment is going rather well.  I have christened the starter Figgins for some reason I cannot fathom but so it is.  I have used it in everything from bread to coffee cake to muffins to pancakes.  Substituting it for buttermilk in certain recipes has had good results (obviously you'll need to adjust the other ingredients to get the right consistency).  It especially makes good bread and pancakes.  I tried a recipe over at allrecipes.com that was supposed to be a herman sourdough biscuit.  They were okay but were a weird cross between a biscuit and a yeast bread.  With the time it took you might as well make buns!  Best of all, people don't run when they see me coming in fear that I want to foist some extra starter off on them.  I think I may keep Master Figgins around indefinitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment