No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Beware the sheep

It started with bottles, okay, whatever…then it was contact solution, that's annoying…now it's dishwasher detergent and I'm really annoyed.  In their bid to take over the world, nay the universe, Amazon has reached a new low (and yes, I am using hyperbole, I am not a conspiracy theorist).  Basically, they won't sell you certain products unless you are a Prime Member, they advertise them to everyone (at the same price you can find elsewhere) and then laugh in your face when you click on the item of interest.  I can understand a 'membership only' store like Sam's Club, which will still sell items to non-members by the way, you only have to pay a little extra, but to offer items to everyone with an internet connection and then say you can only buy certain items if you are in the 'in' crowd rubs me the wrong way, maybe it's because I have a toddler: he digs in my feet and I dig in mine.  A good sheep would just get a prime membership and shut up, or go shopping elsewhere.  I want to start an internet revolution, me and the two people who read this blog, one of them by accident…I can dream, can't I?

I've already tolerated this nonsense with Amazon as an independent author for a while, unless you agree to publish your books exclusively with them, you are subjected to numerous limitations and disadvantages, but I am not going to throw all my eggs in one basket, not to mention they are lousy to work with as an author, so I'll endure the limitations and focus my authorial efforts elsewhere, but still have my books available for those who can't live without Amazon, even if they now need to pay $2.99 for them when they are free elsewhere, but hey, that's capitalism, right?  Go figure.

So for now I'll take my business elsewhere and watch what will happen, probably nothing, but I'm hoping Amazon so frustrates its customers that it takes a hit to its bottom line and learns you can only bully people so much, but I have a feeling people will just get prime memberships and go with the flow.  I'm not even an ant trying to get a message across to something the size of a blue whale, but viva la resistance!  We'll leave the guillotines in the museum however.

No comments:

Post a Comment