No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Sourdough Waffles (Figgins Strikes Back)

The great and lengthy search ended at last: I found a waffle maker at a garage sale.  I'm not a huge waffle fan (having mostly eaten those horrid frozen ones) nor am I fond of appliances that just sit in the pantry and molder, but I now have the space and my husband likes them, so did I set forth upon my quest.  Once the appropriate device was procured, I had to find a recipe and that's when I noticed poor, forgotten Figgins perched disconsolately on the counter.  It has been a while since we had a good sourdough recipe, so why not?  The first batch turned out fabulous and made enough waffles to feed three waffle devouring maniacs with batter to spare (who knew I'd be a waffle fan?).  I refrigerated it overnight and the next batch was not near so good.  It would probably be best to make them all at once and freeze the leftovers.

1 3/4 cup flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

2 eggs
1 1/2 cup milk
1 cup sweet sourdough starter
1/2 cup oil or butter
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients in one large bowl and moist ingredients in another.  Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add mixed moist ingredients, stir just until combined and bake in a preheated waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment