No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Philosophical musings not worth the effort

The in-laws have left, the christmas paraphernalia is safely sequestered for another year, and there are no lurking holidays more dangerous than Groundhog's day to be dealt with in the near future so it must be time to hibernate.  Except that's not really an option, which seems a little speciest to me, just because I'm not a skunk doesn't mean I couldn't use a 'long winter's nap,' but that's a whole other post.  Everyone seems to be bracing for the cold front moving in, but it is January on the northern plains so I'm not sure what everyone is so excited about; this happens every year.  Yes it may get down to -14F one night and the windchill will dip to -30, but compared to other places I've lived, that is almost tropical (I've seen a three week period where the high was -14 with wind chills in the -50's).  Did I mention I walked to school in it, up hill both ways?  I'm not that old, at least I hope not, but then I predate the internet, wait, did the world even exist before the internet?  Maybe I'd best just stick to complaining about the weather...

No comments:

Post a Comment