No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

On Hopeless Cases

I tend to wear sandals with my skirts and dresses as I have sadly inherited my uncle's feet: think wide, big, and anything but feminine, and definitely a disaster to find a woman's dress shoe that is both comfortable and cute; it is a nice problem to have when looking for hiking boots though.  I actually joke that I have a farrier for a manicurist!  If I have the right sandals and paint my toes, you could almost imagine they belonged to a young lady, almost.  I also live in a place that gets very cold and has lots of snow for a good portion of the year which only complicates things.  When I wear sandals I get teased for wearing silly shoes on such a cold/snowy day.  When I wear big mean boots, people are aghast at my fashion choices.  I just can't win!  So I wear my sandals and let people wonder at my sanity (though if we leave town I have the boots along), but this Sunday my sandal broke so I ended up walking across the parking lot barefoot, yes my husband offered to get the car and pick me up at the door but it is a matter of principle: me versus the elements, or something like that.  Maybe I should start wondering about my own sanity!  Are people like this in hot climates or is my brain frostbitten?  If you think I'm bad, how about those guys in Wisconsin who go shirtless to a football game (in November)?

No comments:

Post a Comment