No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Experiment Begins (a third topic not addressed on the internet)

I have actually found a third subject not addressed on the internet (the others being obscure guitars from the '60's and the usefulness of tripods on cruise ships).  I've been dabbling in the art of Japanese Milk Bread of late, doing things like adding sourdough starter to the recipe to deepen the flavor.  What happens if you use the 'tangzhong' as the base for the sourdough starter?  I've tried a few small experiments just to see if it is even feasible (does it grow mold, or the milk spoil, or not ferment due to some strange osmotic situation?) and so far it seems to make a decent base for a starter, it doesn't go bad and bubbles away as happily as any starter I've tried, I'm still not sure on the flavor, not having left it to mature much longer than a week or so, but with my results so far, I'm going to try it on a bigger scale and for a longer period, using milk for one and water for the other.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment