No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Ups and Downs

First off, for anyone wondering if you can ferment the 'secret' ingredient in Japanese Milk Bread, you can, but it probably isn't worth the trouble.  I made three batches: one original recipe, one with 1/3 cup of added amish friendship bread starter, and one with fermented tangzhong, adding the starter added both flavor and 'puffiness' and was definitely better than the other two.  I'll just keep my regular starter going, since it is so much more versatile, but it was worth a try!

Second, and far more important, or at least tasty, I've started roasting corn and don't think I can go back.  I tried some that had been grilled and that was really good, I've seen recipes for doing it in the oven and those were good, but what about the stove top?  I just used frozen corn, first I cooked some onion and turkey bacon in a little oil, and once caramelized, I added the corn and seasonings (seasoned salt, garlic, pepper, worchestire sauce) and cooked over medium heat until slightly golden brown, stirring often.  Eat on its own, add to chili or salads, or tonight we tried it on tacos and it was great.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment