No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Another adventure in plant keeping

I tried to force some bulbs a few years ago when I found them on clearance after Christmas, that really was more a mess than anything.  Now I'm going to try growing a lotus in the house.  I'm not sure they can survive our ridiculously short winter days, but if that doesn't work, there's always next summer.  I can't find much on the interweb about the subject, plenty on growing them outside or in general, but not much on the smaller varieties (the bowl lotus) as houseplants.  So I will conduct the grand experiment and let the anxious internet community know how it goes.  The seeds are inexpensive on amazon so even if it fails, I'm not out much besides a little messing around, besides, this is for posterity!

No comments:

Post a Comment