No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

An amazing way to bake bread!

I thought it might be possible, but couldn't find much out about it online (therefore it must not be possible, right?).  I've lately had a dubious flirtation with cast iron and lately have acquired a dutch oven (5 quart cast iron pot with lid).  I found plenty of articles on bread in the crockpot or no-knead recipes for the dutch oven, but what about a regular yeast bread recipe?  I finally found this article, that actually made it sound possible so I gave it a chance.  I followed the directions using an oatmeal honey bread I haven't made in quite awhile, plopped the dough straight from the bread machine into the preheated dutch oven, put the lid back on and tossed it in the super hot over for 30 minutes.  It sure didn't look like much when that sorry little blob of dough sort of oozed/globbed into the pot, but I hoped for the best.  The results were amazing!  I tend to make French loaves when I make loaf type bread as I can never get it cooked on the inside without over browning the crust, or the crust looks great but it is still doughy in the middle, ugh!  This rectifies that little problem beautifully, besides for that, the crust is crunchy, the loaf is beautifully artisan, and the bread itself is super soft and moist.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment