No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

How to catch a mouse?

I don't often have mice loose in the house, usually a teenager mouse off on his own for the first time sneaks in for about 24 hours every fall and then we never see him again.  But this one has been hanging out in the kitchen/laundry room for several days.  My son was the first one to see him behind the dryer, so I set a trap and caught him...only by the toe.  You know that old schoolyard rhyme about 'catch a tiger by the toe, if he hollers let him go?'  Well he squeaked a bit, got loose, and scampered off.  I set the trap in the pantry as I saw a few signs he had been in there but to no avail.  Hoping he had scampered off permanently, he then surprised me under the sink as I was throwing something away but he vanished down a hole before I could do anything.  I moved the trap and either he was getting smarter or the trap malfunctioned because he licked off all the peanut butter without setting it off.  One day I heard him crunching on something behind the stove.  Not sure what to do, I needed a brilliant plan but I was completely out of brilliance, at least for the next 12 hours.  I finally took matters into my own hands, quite literally, the silly thing was in my potholder drawer when I went to get an oven mitt so I quickly pulled out the drawer and he jumped up inside the cabinet on some of the little boards that hold it together.  Without a second thought I scooped him up and took care of the renegade mouse problem.  And yes, she was fine with it, it isn't the first time the little bugger has been handled.  Didn't I mention this was a white mouse?  An escapee from the fish tank in the basement?  I wouldn't recommend this method for wild mice, but for a renegade pet mouse it works just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment