No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Of herblore and stewed coney

I've always loved the scenes in the 'Lord of the Rings' wherein Tolkien wanders off in a rather humorous fashion into herblore, especially the desperate search for King's foil and the reminiscences of old wives wherein a true professional is rather baffled, and as an expert herbalist myself, having now grown basil successfully for a full two months, perhaps I should write my own epic upon the subject (being that there are far duller things being put into print).  But I will refrain, at least until I am a true master of that particular art, say three or four months in perhaps?  But let me simply conclude that if I can manage it, anyone can, growing basil that is, not writing up their wisdom thereupon, that takes a very dull pen indeed, perhaps Miss Bates might be able to accomplish the matter but certainly not we lesser mortals!  Tolkien's elvish poetry was certainly a good exercise to allow him the privilege, but the rest of us should tread cautiously in this matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment