No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Monday, November 26, 2018

Garlic cheese biscuits revisited

I hate biscuits...well, not really, just the memory of the rock hard flavorless baking soda biscuits of my mother's creation.  I love the canned monstrosities made perfect with a plethora of ingredients one cannot pronounce or safely use outside a chemistry lab.  I've made a nice, fluffy, layered rendition of my own, which is tasty but a lot of work and messing around for a 'quick' bread.  But for everyday use, tastiness, and ease of making and clean-up, this has become my standard recipe.  I like to add a bit of parmesan to the dough and omit the butter/garlic drizzle but otherwise leave it pretty much as is.  After the recent holiday, I even used it as a topping for a leftover chicken pot pie: take the leftover chicken and gravy, add a bag of veg, and top with the dough in a cake pan, bake until done, and you have dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment