No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Monday, April 21, 2014

Peanut butter fudge ice cream 'cake'

It was my son's birthday celebration and he (and we) love ice cream cake but the nearest Dairy Queen is 80 miles away so I had to improvise.  This was a bit cheaper and much tastier, I think it is the best dessert I have ever made!  I just used whatever I had in the house, it can easily be altered to suit your own taste/handy ingredients.  I used my trifle bowl (which was a pain to freeze, but pretty!), I would recommend a large plastic container with a lid (an ice cream pail would be great).

You will need:

Ice cream (I used a quart each of chocolate and vanilla), softened (leave at room temp for 30 minutes)

Cake or brownies (I used 1/2 of a leftover chocolate cake with chocolate frosting) crumbled up

Hot fudge (I made my own, but you can use store bought), 1-2 cups

Toffee baking bits (find them in the chocolate chip section at the grocery store)

1 8 oz tub whipped topping, thawed

Peanut butter pie filling (mix 1 cup peanut butter with 1 cup milk and a small box of instant vanilla pudding until smooth, stir in 1/2 of the whipped topping above)

12 Peanut butter cup candies, halved, for garnish

Put 1/2 of the cake in the bottom of the container, top with 1/2 each of the peanut butter, the ice cream, the hot fudge, the toffee bits, and then repeat, saving a bit of the toffee for garnish.  Top with the remaining whipped topping and the toffee.  Freeze for at least 12 hours.  Before serving, remove from freezer 30-60 minutes before serving and top with peanut butter cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment