No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The weekend to end all weekends?

I have heard rumors that the world is coming to an end, probably started by the same folks who invented Y2K and worried about the Mayan Calendar, as the so-called 'blood moons' have come.  I have heard more worrisome rumors of a three day blizzard, though I can't find anything besides a 30% chance of snow on Thursday.  What is all the fuss about?  I am hosting a family get together for the first time ever.  I have somewhere between 7-9 people coming for a long weekend plus a possible random guy showing up for Easter dinner.  I have in-laws, outlaws, and everybody and their sister showing up, not showing up, thinking about showing up, and the guest list changing daily.  I've never done this before, I haven't a clue how how many to expect, but I've prepared as best I can so we'll just wait and see what happens, at least if the end of the world comes, I won't have to worry about it.  Or maybe being forced to eat my cooking and spend three nights in the same house might be construed as worse than the end of the world, who knows?  It should be fun, at least if the blizzard does not show up.  It has been interesting to try planning to feed so many people at once, I have a new respect for all the family dinners my grandmother has hosted and cannot imagine how people with eight kids do it day in and day out!

No comments:

Post a Comment