No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Snow on snow…with cookies and carols and more snow…!

This time of year is perilous, I start singing Christmas carols, but can usually restrain myself somewhat until Thanksgiving, then it all falls apart.  This year I am not so fortunate.  A storm swept in, buried us in snow, and now our highs are in the single digits.  I am used to living in a freezer six months of the year but this is a bit depressing, it is November!  It started Sunday night, the storm and the carols…that verse in 'In the Bleak Midwinter' with 'snow on snow, snow on snow…'  I can't help myself…but then I need something to do while I shovel!  Viva La Christmas!  But then snowstorms also put me in a baking mood which can be dangerous to one's waistline if one did not have shoveling to counteract it…bring on the cookies too!

No comments:

Post a Comment