No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

An inane question but a great book idea

"So what do you do with all your time?" came the mystified question.

I wanted to either throw something at him or reply in a satisfyingly snarky tone, "between my soap operas and my trashy novels, I barely have time to get to the kitchen for more bonbons!"  But the more sensible side of me just said something benign like, "I keep busy," before moving off and doing whatever this senseless question had interrupted.

If he had been asking what I do with the mysterious extra 3 hours per day with which I have been gifted and the rest of the world does not have, it might have been a good question, but as I only have 24 hours in day, like any other mortal under the sun, it was nothing near so interesting (though that sounds like a great book idea).  He was assuming that since I have a professional degree and only work part time, I must have lots of 'free' time, which means he has never had children, run a household, or spent any time volunteering or in a ministry position.  If he has a wife, I pity the poor woman, and I certainly wonder what his mother would think!  Much of the work that gets done in this world is of the unpaid sort, and it is probably some of the most important, for the world, and our individual lives, would be a far worse place without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment