No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Monday, March 9, 2015

As ye sow and just desserts?

I am something of a tease and have a rather interesting sense of humor (often baffling to those who are not familiar with it) and it seems this propensity has been passed to the next generation though not genetically.  This would be a great case study for one of those nature vs. nurture debates.  I think I have the only coming three year old on the planet that will not tell you his name.  He knows his name, even knows the 'real' names of his parents (not just mommy and daddy), and will tell you all sorts of names, but never his own.  He won't tell you his name because he thinks it a great joke, so jokingly I asked if his name is 'Figgins' and he has since adopted the moniker as his own with great delight.  Which I suppose is a small triumph in that he no longer refers to himself as 'papa' which is his version of Grandpa but otherwise he is still simply 'me.'  I can't say I do not deserve it either!

No comments:

Post a Comment