No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Immortal fish

Have you ever owned rent-a-fish?  That's what I used to dub the unhealthy, soon to die, fish you bought at the local giganto-box-store with their 90 day return policy.  I wouldn't recommend buying fish there if you want a happy tank, but as I lived 45 miles from anywhere and they were the only place open and selling fish at the time and day I was in town, and with their ludicrous return policy, why not?  So I'd buy a fish, it would die 2 weeks later, I'd stick it in the freezer (you had to take the dead fish back!), and go get a replacement (I also had a small tank, so I didn't have a whole community to infest with disease).

Now I live 80 miles from anywhere.  After the last fish died, I decided I wanted to try jellyfish.  Yes, jellyfish, in my five gallon freshwater tank.  Silicone jellyfish.  They won't die, they are immortal!  And at $2 a pop (including shipping) on Amazon, they are cheaper than most of my rent-a-fish and I don't have dead aquatic life in my freezer.  Who knows?  Maybe I am just talented enough to kill them too?

No comments:

Post a Comment