No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

On Musical Geniuses

I am not a musical genius, I spent 8 years in band and still put 5 beats in 4.  I had a whole year of piano when I was 12 (my sister was getting stickers for learning her songs and I wanted stickers too, an excellent reason to play the piano!).  If I know the song I can probably plunk out the treble cleft but the bass cleft is still a mystery, sort of like organic chemistry, and don't even think about having me play something I've never heard before because it will certainly sound like something you've never heard before.  In this I can truly say my left hand has no idea what my right is doing!

So one day I was sitting here staring at our Mac, wondering what all those strange little icons were (I grew up with a PC) and hit something that might have been a guitar.  Up pops a dude who wants to teach you chording on the guitar and piano.  I know nothing of guitars (for which most ears are grateful) but we inherited a piano with the house with which I have been dabbling.  There probably is a book called 'Piano for Dummies' but as usual, I had to go and figure it out the hard way, but I have decided there is hope for me, at least in a musical sense.  I still need to know the song before playing it, but I can actually produce something like music and use both hands in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment