No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Thursday, May 5, 2016

The warblers is coming

Yes, I know the title of this little post is a grammatical error, don't worry I have a poetic license…anywho, it is that time of year again, just when I can't stand winter any longer and the dull grey, cold world is about to convince me I need to migrate with the rest of the birds, Spring finally happens.  I don't get it.  We had about eight inches of snow last week and suddenly the tulips and plum tree are blooming, everything is green and warm and sunny and bright, and best of all, those pesky little fairies of the wildwood are again invading my green space, which is rather exciting in 'the land that trees forgot.'  I grew up along the Mississippi flyway and we had all sorts of wonderful little avian friends stopping by on their trip north, but out here we have far fewer of the woodland sort, though there is a wonderful variety of say, ducks and galliformes.  But I love warblers, though we don't have quite the variety out here, we still have them and I've seen two new species since our relocation.  Even better, they come to me rather than me having to go to them.  Since we have some foliage in our yard, I can actually watch (and photograph) them from the house.  Last night I was trying to photograph a rather elusive wilson's warbler, but there was a cheeky orange crowned fellow that I just couldn't help snapping a few shots of too.  It is probably one of the drabbest warbler species, but this shot was too perfect to miss!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment