No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Only a lady 'mechanic'

I am not a mechanic by any means, but being the most mechanical person in the house, sometimes you've just got to figure out a way to fix things, and happily there is google and Pinterest when you haven't a clue where even to begin.  Someone gave us a sofa that weighed a ton and would have been impossible for the two of us to move into the basement from the garage where they had left it.  It did come apart but the screws were corroded and impossible to turn.  In the message section on one such 'how to loosen rusty bolts' article, someone mentioned using 'oil of wintergreen,' which rather confused the author of the article (being of the male persuasion) but I knew immediately what the poster meant.  I didn't have oil of wintergreen but I did have oil of peppermint for the occasional spastic gut, and since it was buy 2 bottles get 3 free I had more than I could take in a lifetime.  I cut open the tip of the gel caps and applied it liberally to all accessible parts of the bolt and screw, let it sit, and then was able to loosen the screws.  I didn't have any petroleum based screw looseners, but I had plenty of peppermint oil, and it smells better too!

No comments:

Post a Comment