No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Chocolate Gluten Free Bundt cake!

 I haven't made many bundt cakes (anyone else thinking Big Fat Greek Wedding right now?) and I haven't found my chocolate gluten free cake yet, but this baby is awesome!  I did substitute homemade mayo for the sour cream as I can't do dairy and have no access to non-dairy dairy products out here in the hinterlands, and it was still wonderful.  I also found a site that recommended brushing the bundt pan with a neutral refined oil (canola, vegetable, corn...) and then shaking 1/3 cup sugar around and coating the entire inner surface, so as the cake bakes it gets a crispy, lacy sugar shell which really makes it shine.  I did cut the sugar in the recipe to 1 1/3 cups too, though it is still a little rich for my 'low sugar' diet...I'll just have to try and eat a smaller piece...yeah right!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment