No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Monday, March 10, 2014

A bit of earth

I have always loved growing things, but have usually been restricted to things that can grow indoors in a flower pot.  I did attempt to grow squash in a large container outside at our apartment one year but it was too hot (I only had a southern exposure with no shade) and though the poor plant tried it only yielded up on 4 inch specimen large enough for a single serving (for which my husband was happy, he hates squash) and a 1 inch specimen that was good only for Barbie and her friends, but was rather amusing to show off as the fruits of my labor!  Now I actually have the chance to grow things outside, in the ground!  I feel like Mary from the Secret Garden asking, 'for a bit of earth.'  Winter still has us in its cold clutches for another 6-8 weeks but I will attempt to start some flowers inside to alleviate my spring fever.  The problem is I don't know much about this new climate/soil, it is a very different area from that in which I grew up, but I suppose gardening is all about experimentation (and luck).  I may even try another squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment