No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Really good honey mustard

I love honey mustard, but no two are alike and I can't find a brand I really like, and most contain dijon (of which I am not fond), so I finally found a quick and tasty recipe that I love and can make at home.  It can also be easily adjusted for quantity and taste.  It is great for salads, sandwiches, a dipping sauce, and even makes a tasty chicken marinade.

You will need:

1/4 cup miracle whip light (you can use mayo if you prefer)
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 Tbsp vinegar (I use white, but use your favorite)
1 Tbsp honey (or sugar or favorite sweetener)

Mix it all together in a small plastic container and let the flavors blend for at least an hour in the fridge and then enjoy as you will or store for later use.  I add a little black pepper and celery salt too.


No comments:

Post a Comment