No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Honey Mustard Pasta Salad

I was asked to bring a salad to a Thanksgiving gathering and queried whether she meant green, pasta, jello, or other, to which she responded that it was my choice.  I've never made a pasta salad before and as I was in possession of neither greens nor jello, it seemed an opportune moment to experiment.  Now if you know anything about pasta salads or have ever googled a recipe pertaining thereto, you know the choices are infinite.  I wanted something a little more exciting than a basic mayo/ham/pea concoction but since that is what I had in my pantry and I didn't want to buy a lot of ingredients it would have to suffice.  I found a recipe for a honey mustard/mayo type and thought it sounded good but modified it using my honey mustard dressing recipe and the results were excellent.  Just tangy enough, just sweet enough, and just a little different.

Honey Mustard Pasta Salad:

Dressing:

Combine 1 1/2 cups salad dressing (miracle whip) with 1/3 cup each honey, vinegar, and yellow mustard, salt and pepper to taste.  For best results, let the dressing (or the entire salad) sit for at least 6 hours to allow flavors to blend.

For the salad:

Boil 16 oz of your favorite pasta (I like rotini) in salted water and cook until 'al dente' (firm to the bite), cool under running water.  Mix in whatever else you have/like.  I added 1/3 cup diced onion, 6 boiled eggs, 2/3 cup frozen peas, 2/3 cup diced ham, 2/3 cup shredded cheese.  Add dressing and mix well, you can add some milk if the salad is too dry, check every so often as it sits; mine needed about 2/3 cup but it made a nice creamy salad.  Chill and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment