No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Zombie Apocalypse

I don't get it, I really don't.  What's with the zombie craze?  Last year they showed up on my doorstep the day after Halloween asking for canned goods for the local food shelf.  This year, they were running all over main street (with a few teenage mutant ninja turtles) during our town's trick-or-treating event for little kids at the local businesses.  There's even a movie coming out somehow combining zombies and Jane Austen.   I think I'm the only one not onboard with the idea that a zombie apocalypse is a nice change from all the end of the world talk centering around climate change or the latest respiratory virus out of Asia.  Hey, if teenage mutant ninja turtles can make a comeback, why can't Y2K?

What is so fascinating about animated corpses that thirst after brain tissue?  Why would you want to dress up as one?  I really don't get it, in fact, I much prefer Y2K, at least with Y2K I don't have to try explaining to my three year old why that guy over there has an eyeball hanging out of its socket.  On the bright side, they aren't teletubbies (are those things still around?), which are probably the most frightening thing ever conceived by the mind of man (furbies are a close second).  Now there's an idea, forget Jane Austen and zombies, let's do zombies versus teletubbies!  Can I patent that?  I'm probably too late...

No comments:

Post a Comment