No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Refugee from civilization

I had a friend who received (and was charged for) a double order of diapers from the Red Big Box store, as her kids were about out of that size, she didn't need that many diapers.  She called the store and they said to just drop them off for a refund.  We live three hours from the nearest store of that sort, which obviously made that idea a little tricky.  When I tell people where we live, they wonder how we live at all.  I just spent the first part of the week in a major metro area with my husband at a conference, while he went to business meetings I got to shop.  It was a somewhat harrowing experience, and I likewise begin to wonder how these people live!

We don't have 24/7 shopping, but neither do I feel alone and isolated amidst a sea of strangers.  I was reminded very much of graduate school, which I accomplished in a major metro area, thankfully I was so busy with school I had little time to be lonely.  It is strange that you can be so alone among so many and so connected among so few.  I suppose it is that we can't get lost in a sea of stranger out here, outcasts from civilization as we are, your neighbors may be nosy and annoying, but they are also there when your world falls apart.  Whereas in the city, you could vanish and none would be the wiser or care if they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment