No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Spring, by mail!

I have a mid-winter birthday, so just as the festive Christmas joy is dying down and we have nothing to brighten the long, cold, dark days of winter while we await the all too slow advent of Spring, I get to get older too.  But I think I found the perfect present: Spring by mail.  I spent a good three weeks thumbing through the seed and nursery catalogs that start coming in February (sort of like Christmas sales in October!), which in itself banished the winter doldrums and gave me something to ponder and plan and wonder at.  Then I ordered my selections and could wait with anticipation, at least until I forgot about it, as they won't ship their plants to the tundra until April.

Well, it is April and I got a package the other day, completely flummoxed as to what it might be.  It was the first of my plant shipment, so I got to dig and plant a bit six weeks before I can do much of anything outside yet.  I can't wait for the rest to come, it is as close as you can get to Spring in a Box, and it is quite a nice be late birthday present.

No comments:

Post a Comment