No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Not your ordinary kitchen disaster

We all have our favorite kitchen disaster story, or own or one to rib a friend or family member with, but I just topped my own record.  I fell in love with a certain brand of honey mustard pretzels, and being the cheapskate, I mean frugal person that I am, I thought I'd save a few bucks and make my own.  I did an online search for recipes but the reviews all said there was little flavor or they were soggy; the recipe called for vegetable oil mixed with a little mustard, one reviewer suggested a water based glaze to avoid the soggy factor.  My brilliant idea was why not just use actual mustard, a whole cup of it, which I jazzed up a bit with some seasonings, coated my sourdough pretzels, and baked them in the oven until dry.  The pretzels turned out great, but apparently I unleashed a weapon even Hitler refrained from using: mustard gas.  I started getting a headache and sick to my stomach so I opened up the windows, turned on the oven fan, packed up the baby, and left the house.  Long story short, don't attempt this project without adequate ventilation or just spend the extra money and buy the pre-made pretzels!

No comments:

Post a Comment