No!!!

Yes, (evil laughter), another Mommy Blog (more evil laughter)!!! Life is a story, mine at the moment just happens to occur mostly at home, which means no sword fights or dragons, but plenty of peril, misadventure, and food. Like all good stories we will skip the boring parts (like laundry). So gird up your loins and let us commence with some real domestic adventures; don't forget your sense of humor.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The Second Worst

So my all time least favorite Christmas song is 'Hippopatomus For Christmas,' yes it is cute and amusing the first time you hear it, but after that it is just plain annoying.  My next least favorite is 'Two Front Teeth,' and no, I won't justify such atrocious creations as 'Santa Baby' by calling it and its ludicrous cousins music so therefore they can't be on my list of least favorite songs.  Sadly, my son is singing the latter for his school 'Winter Concert.'  I've long dreaded the day when my own kids would have to sing such vapid ditties to satisfy the warm and fuzzy holiday yearnings of a politically correct parent population.  Personally I'd rather forego the exercise altogether, since there is absolutely no meaning in any of it, and have them sing some good secular music instead and reserve the 'Holiday Cheer' for a venue that actually places some meaning and value on the season, rather than singing mediocre music with a vaguely holiday theme that satisfies nobody.  After such a display I feel like I've bitten into a seemingly ooey gooey fudgie brownie only to discover it is one of those anathema vegan concoctions containing black beans and artificial sweetener instead.  I think Ebenezer Scrooge might have won the 'Christmas Wars' after all!  Maybe I'd better reread 'A Christmas Carol' just to make sure it ends how I thought it did.  I would love to know what Jane Austen would think of the absurdity of our modern notion that we must certainly celebrate Christmas but not in such a way that anyone would know that we're celebrating Christmas: I'll just have to mull over that amusing theory while listening to the next twelve years of requisite 'Winter' concerts, happy thought indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment